Who wants to suffer through a cold when you’re supposed to be having a good time? I can’t think of anyone. But so often when we drag our bodies through the stress of tying up loose ends at work, packing, making it to the airport on time, then not getting enough rest – our immune system goes on vacation before we do.
Luckily we have a list of surefire natural remedies you can take with you that’ll have you bouncing back in no time flat.
- Colloidal Silver – If you’ve never used silver for your immune system before this probably sounds really strange, but the truth is silver is really great for building immunity and keeping you strong. You can buy a little dropper on amazon that’s deionized water and silver and take it daily to fight your cold. Since I started using it my colds have shrunken exponentially in time!
- Garlic Oil – Garlic oil is a natural antibiotic and can be used to fight just about every common germ you could catch. Unfortunately, it is garlic, so if you hate the taste we recommend getting it in capsule form, because the stronger the better. Expect to smell like garlic for a day or two, but feel like a million bucks as well. You can drink it in your tea, drink a few drops on it’s own, gargle or take in pill form. Whichever you choose, it’s the closest thing to a miracle cure we’ve ever found.
- Raw Honey – Buyer beware! There is actually a difference between raw honey and just regular honey. Your regular store shelf honey has been pasteurized and processed down to a syrup with no more nutritional benefits nor properties than say sugar water, or corn syrup. To get the magical and medicinal effects people rave about in honey, it must be raw! Many times you’ll find the texture to be a little more coarse, and it may even feel granulated in your mouth, but that’s a good sign. Honey is also a natural antibiotic and can do wonders in soothing a sore throat. If you want to take it a step further, try Manuka honey which is loaded with healing benefits.
- Vitamin C – Pick your poison here… drink packets, dry pills, you name it – having Vitamin C, especially before you take off, can be your first line of defense and help beef up your immune system!
- Lavender – Whether you throw some tea bags into your case, an essential oil, or lavender pills this sweet purple flowers has some essential properties for cold or flu busting (and did we mention it smells a hell of a lot better than the garlic?)
Of course, the best attack for cold and flu is a healthy, strong immune system to begin with, so a clean diet with plenty of water is essential, and as always, make sure to consult your naturopath or health care professional before taking a stab at things you’ve never tried before – and be well.